The Backyard Cookoff is an opportunity for backyard bar-b-q chefs to fire up their grills and smokers to compete among the best in the region for the coveted grill master title and cash prizes.
Awards are given for the best preparation of beef, chicken and pork, plus an overall Backyard Cook Grand Champion is selected.
Please view our Galleries tab to view competitors for the Grand Champion Backyard Cook Title!
The Backyard Cookoff Information Package includes the invitation letter, registration form and rules.
Cooking begins Saturday, May 13th at 7 am.
Judging at 2 pm.
Winners are announced at 6 pm at the Festival Plaza Stage.
2nd and Locust Streets
Deadline: May 1, 2017
Payment may be made by cashier’s check, personal check or money order payable to International Bar-B-Q Festival. No cash please.
Overall Champion: $750
Category winners (pork, chicken, beef)
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100
- Best Booth: $100
Each winner receives a trophy to commemorate their achievement.
- All meats must be prepared on site.
- Meats will be judged on taste, cut, tenderness and appearance
- Samples to the crowd are encouraged
- Contestants are responsible for the removal of all ashes and debris
- Availability of electricity is limited
- No vehicles, driven, towed and any others are allowed in the cooking area
- Ice is available for purchase
2017 Grand Champions
First Place: Pit Brothers
Second Place: White Wolf Smokers
Third Place: Kentucky Smoke Squad
First Place: Uncle Pappy’s
Second Place: Meatheads Barbeque
Third Place: Holy Town Cookers
First Place: Kentucky Smoke Squad
Second Place: Smoke Em If You Got Em
Third Place: Rubbin’ Bellies BBQ